Saturday 17 November 2012

finishing touches.......




Finally finished off the experiemental disappearng nine patch mini quilt that I made with Kaffe Fasset fabrics. Not sure where it is going but I love the colours. I plan to do some more of these as there are endless patterns you can make depending on the colors used. I have found a few good ones on Pinterest, which is fast becoming the time waster of the moment!

I went browsing the charity shops last week and found these little gems of old quilting mags, a diary and a patchwork book- all were 20 pence each!!! Weirdly the book has the owners name in- Joan York ,who was a brilliant patchwork and quilting teacher in the area for many years. I wish I could be as good as her one day!



And finally, I have started a small quilt using Petite Odile by French general - a charm pack I bought a little while ago. The pattern is Coming Home by Camille Roskelly ,which I have used before. I have seen this pattern called all sorts of names- I think the Road to Tennessee is one of the names. 


It is very civil war colours, a bit dull compared to my usual selection but it will look quite nice when done. 

Off to baste with safety ins for the first time! 

Heatherx x


No comments:

Post a Comment