Sunday 11 November 2012

Picking up the stitching....

Well, Egypt is well behind me now, work is at last caught up with and I have had time to sew!



The first things I made were some christmas placemats- very simple but quite pleased with them.

Yesterday I found some half price jelly rolls so I decided to bite the bullet and make the quickest jelly roll strip quilt as demonstrated by the Missouri Star Quilt co. on you tube. Now I cannot pretend that I did it in the time it says, however, 3 hours down the line I have a completed quilt top! It is Moda fabric- Origins by basic grey. The colours are not really me but as it was cheap it was worth the experiment.






I think I will put a border on it before backing and binding when I find the right fabric and it will make a great lap quilt. 

The sun went down pretty early today but there were some interesting clouds around before that!

Thats all for now folks
Hxx



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makes, love the christmas place mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne- I will be giving it to project Linus I think.
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was good going, Heather, and sometimes it's a good exercise working outside your favourite colour comfort zone. As you say, cheap at half the price and completed in no time! Just the quilting to do now, eh?

    ReplyDelete