Sunday 11 August 2013

Festival fun.....

I went to the Festival of Quilts yesterday with my daughter. A 3 hour train ride away, it was a very worthwhile trip, and we both came away with fresh inspitration for new projects! The exhibits were, as always absolutely amazing, so I thought I would share a few of my favourite exhibits.
Just to give you a tatse of the calibre of this festival, we saw Tula, Kaffe Fasset, Brandon Mably, Nel Whatmore, Anne and Stuart of BBC,s sewing Bee, all in person, and on the train back, Mike Bushell of BBC Breakfast.


A stunner by Luke Haynes- thrilled to see this in the flesh so to speak!


Believe it or not this is a miniature quilt.



Love plaids


must tackle circles soon!


My favourite artist there- Mandy Patullo


and again- very much based on Japanese Bora- she uses all recycled materials


The Godharis of Maharashtra- these quilts are from rural India , all hand pieced and quilted. 




You wouldnt catch me posing like this!


These mini log cabin squares were stitched together to form a large hanging, each one about 2x2 inches or maybe a ittle smaller. 


stunning cathedral windows-utter perfection for sewing but way out of my league!


Loved this quilt but didnt get the details of the maker. 


Good practise for applique!

Maybe post a few maore pictures in my next blog!

hx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Heather, thanks for posting these piccies. I decided not to go this year. I would love, mind you, to see Mandy Patulo's work 'in the flesh' so to speak, I do like what she does.Lx

    ReplyDelete