Sunday 6 October 2013

sweet sixteen.....

OMG- it was back in August when I last posted! I went to Lille for 4 days , pictures will follow in a moment- and I cant think for the life of me what else I have been doing! Weather was good for the beach so the sewing took a bit of a back seat, and my son has now moved back home from Uni and I dont like  to take over the lounge for sewing .
Anyway, have my sewing mo jo back now, and decided to use a KF jelly roll from the Quilt exhibition- wanted to do a sixteen patch quit  for a long time- so sit back and see the missing weeks in pictures!

















Art Deco Piscine Musee


textile books galore in the museum


Get an eyeful of these hunks!


Love stags....






want this cabinet in my lounge!



gorgeous shuttles, came close to slipping one in my pocket but I restrained myself!





Lille is a lovely town, plenty to see, only an hour and a half from London by Eurostar! 
Needless to say we found a fabric shop and I got my hands on 5 pieces of french linen prints- must post a picture later. Not sure what to do with them yet.And of course, a couple of liberty prints- only I could go all the way to France and get a British fabric! 



And here is the small quilt top  I made this weekend-  if you look too closely you can see a few misalignments- I realise the need for accuracy the smaller the pieces, and I have a habit of stretching the fabric with the iron instead of pressing, however, hand made quilts dont need to be perfect in my opinion. 

TTFN   Hx

4 comments:

  1. Ah1 You are still here then! I know, it doesn't take long for a few days to become a few weeks and then it's been so long since you blogged you have to push yourself to get down to it. Lovely photos though, I am determined to get across to Belgium next year. Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, have been busy but I have also been slightly addicted to Pinterest, searching for my next project!
      Do go to Belgium, if you havent been to Bruges I can highly recommend it.
      I do read you blogs, love all the Molly stuff, and your creativity! Just never get round to commenting! will try harder ....
      Hx

      Delete
  2. If you are out enjoying life and filling your days with all these amazing places and things that you have been doing . . . well, blogging can wait. These photos are amazing , I love the little aqua painted shop with it's fret-work. Those desserts look pretty tempting, too.
    So glad that you are back quilting, your fabrics are beautiful :)
    Thanks for letting me tag along on your lost weeks,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie, so sweet of you to tag along!
    I love that shop front too, gorgeous colour! I am so glad I have made something again- it feels good!
    Hx

    ReplyDelete